'Ello Love!
Last night I found about National Novel Writing Month. Its held every year in November and encourages absolutely and everyone to write a 50,000 word novel in one month. Starting on the 1st you begin writing and if you finish it by the end of November you 'win', I say win in quotations as everyone that completes the task wins so its not really a competition. It seems like you win some pretty amazing prizes though including getting your book published! Its a great opportunity for anyone to turn their distant dream of being a writer into a reality. At first, I must admit I thought it was more of a teenager thing and that I might be too old for it. However looking at the majority of users there is actually a hell of a lot of adults entering as well which is fantastic.
The fact that the time frame is so short encourages you to not over think and criticise your work but just to knuckle down and write the novel you always fantasised you could write. I think its an excellent idea and seems like a great community too. Unfortunately I only found about it last night, 2 weeks into the competition. However I am determined to finish a 50,000 word novel before the end of November and am not gonna let the fact that I have missed out on two weeks writing slow me down!
So my 'blog', again I use quotations as no one reads this and I barely post anything so its not really a blog yet, is gonna take a backseat for the next two weeks. I'm still determined to carry on with 100 days of happiness but I will be writing short and quick posts for now so I can get back to my novel.
On the off chance anyone actually is reading this and wants to take part, you can find out more and enter the competition at nanowrimo.org. But remember you'll need to work quick as the deadline is only a couple of weeks away!
TTFN x
No comments:
Post a Comment