I'm a bit behind with posting my 100 days of happiness updates but each day I thought about what I wanted them to be so technically still did the challenge I just never got round to posting them...I'm gonna count that as acceptable.
So this one is for a couple of days back which was when we had date night. Every week my other half and I go out for a meal. It's normally a carvery that costs £4 each as we are both broke and wading our way through student debts, but still we make the effort to go out and spend time together. I think it's important to do this and doesn't always require spending lots of money. It means you get out of the house away from distractions like the TV and Facebook and phones and internet and can actually just spend a few hours focussing on each other. You get a chance to really listen to each other and so I hope we will always find time for date nights.
This week we splashed out a bit and went to prezzo instead of our usual carvery. We found a voucher online that meant we got one of the mains for £2.50 which was awesome! We had starters mains desserts and wine and didn't have to spend too much, which at prezzo was a success! The meal was amazing and we was sat in the cosiest little corner away from the hustle and bustle of the restaurant which was lovely. The dessert was defineilty the hightlight for me and was hazelnut filled proffoteroles which was basically profiteroles filled with Nutella. Nooooooom. It was lush. It was nice to have a bit more of a romantic setting as well compared to the pub and as nice as it is to have little traditions and routines it's also nice to try something new and mix things up. Obviously not every week as we don't have the money.
We also spend time having game nights when we don't have money to go out anywhere which is so much better then just staring at a TV. Again it gives you the chance to actually focus on each other, have a bit of laugh and do something a tad more active then just monging out. Keeps things a bit interesting and means nights in don't have to be boring.
TTFN x

No comments:
Post a Comment