Wednesday, 19 November 2014

Lush Bubblegum Lip Scrub



Hello Love. 

In my previous post you will have seen that I went to Lush the other day and became victim of the cash desk impulse purchase and bought one of their lip scrubs. I always do this and I don't know why. As I'm going to pay I usually pick up the crap that is sitting by the tills, and think oooh I need this! I never do. However my lips have been so dry and chapped lately that I saw these pretty little pots and decided to throw it in the bag and give it a go. 

When I was younger I used to use regular granulated sugar mixed with a little Vaseline and make my own lip scrub. I used to do it everyday and my lips were always smooth and they were never chapped. I stopped doing it for some reason and have always suffered with really dry lips. So when I saw this I thought it would be a better then turning my kitchen essentials into a beauty product. It is essentially the same thing though. Except its bright pink and smells incredible! The scent may not suit everyone's taste as it is very very sweet, but I personally love it. It had the exact same effect that my homemade lip scrub used to have, but I expected nothing less. I knew what I was buying, essentially a small pot of scented sugar, but knew that it was risk free and would do the job. 

I could have just used regular sugar and Vaseline like I used too and saved myself £5.50 but I liked the fact that this was in a handy little pot. It also left a really sweet scent on my lips a few hours after I used it which was a nice bonus. So all in all, I think for what it is, its a bit pricey but it does leave your lips super smooth  and smelling soooo good. Its also bright pink which I love and means your sugar can be left for your tea and you can keep your lip scrub in your make up bag and not your kitchen.

TTFN x

No comments:

Post a Comment